Sunday, March 20, 2011

Sunrise at Midnight


I have kissed many girls out under a full moon’s light.
Picked out our favorite star so late at night.
But there on the beach in that star lit land,
You moved me in ways I still don’t understand.
As you walked my way you looked like a queen.
That was the first time I had ever seen

a sunrise at midnight.



Down where the ocean and white sand meet,
the water struggled to touch your feet.
A sea breeze caressed you, brushed through your long hair.
I knew I’d never seen anyone so fair.
It thrills me each time I recall that sight.
The radiance of your beauty was such a brilliant light.

That sunrise at midnight.


Key Largo is my place of mystery, love and delight.
It’s where my dreams take me each day and every night.
No matter where I am, when I look up and see a star,
I dream and long to be where ever you are.
You’ll always be my Key Largo and Bacall.
My Hemmingway girl as I recall,

That sunrise at midnight.


© 2011 A.L. Shipman, Jr. All Rights Reserved. Watermark template. Powered by Blogger.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I fell in love with the Keys and I was only able to spent a half a day there. Would have loved to have looked for a little cottage to live there.

    ReplyDelete