Friday, September 30, 2011

I Saw You




I saw you standing by that window last night.
Where long ago you used to stand looking for me
And I, I sigh.
We were too young for our love to survive,
But something still puts that lump in my throat,
Tear in my eye.


When I see you by that window again,
Once a year when I come back to our home town,
Just for one night.
The town reunion is a wonderful thing,
But I never speak your name out loud.
Feelings I fight.

I drove by your old window last night.
You’re never there, yet I see you just the same,
Sunshine or rain.
Your long shinning hair. Your warm smile glowing.
Your eyes melting my heart, as you wave at me to come in.
I love the pain.

It’s just a dream, just a dream from long ago.
It’s my dream though, and I’ll keep it safe,
Safe in my heart.
No one ever knows I think of you.
I’ll drive away at close of Saturday.
It’s a new start.

I’ll wait for a new year to pass away.
Then the gathering home will happen again,
And I will go.
I’ll try to see you at that window at night.
Where you stood so many,
Many years ago.

And your long hair will shine.
Your smile will appear and it,
Will melt my heart.
Your perfume will fill the air.
And I know my tears,
Once more will start.

And your eyes shall take me back,
To our world full of love, passion.
Void of cruel hate.
Now I just look at the picture of your old home and you.
Dream of a girl in a wander filled place, in my past,
And I wait.




By  A. L. Shipman Jr.
     


© 2011 A.L. Shipman, Jr. All Rights Reserved. Watermark template. Powered by Blogger.

No comments:

Post a Comment