Monday, July 11, 2011

I Loved You In 72



      



I loved you in 72, but I didn’t know what to do.
To win your love for my very own.
To see your face made my heart tremble.
The thought of your embrace, it warms me still.
As I dream of when I kissed your cheek I remember,
The fragrance of perfume in the air.                             
And my soul still surrenders.
Every time in my mind you take my hand.





I loved you night and day but you threw my heart away.
I’m so lost without you dear.

My life was yours just for the claiming.
I would have followed you till the end of time.
As I gaze at the picture you gave me,
there’s a thrill that’s real then comes the pain.
And my mind still, goes reeling.
‘membering all the times we had.



 
I loved you long ago and I still love you so.
I don’t believe my heart will ever change.
You showed me life could be so precious.
Full of happiness, thrills beyond belief.
As I look at all the stars above me,
once again I recall our final kiss
 underneath that special star.
The tingles still dance across my skin.

 
  Oh how the tingles still dance across my skin.
I loved you in 72.




© 2011 A.L. Shipman, Jr. All Rights Reserved. Watermark template. Powered by Blogger.

No comments:

Post a Comment